Lux Beauty Lounge Before and After Tan Care Guide
Before your session
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate...exfoliate. It will help your tan last longer.
- Avoid using bar soaps, high-pH shower products, and in-shower moisturizers as they can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within your skin.
- Shaving, waxing, and/or use of depilatory creams should be completed at least 24 hours prior.
Day of your session
- Come in to the boutique jewelry-free and adorned in dark, loose-fitting clothing. A bit of superficial color may rub off on your clothes, but don’t stress—it’ll wash right out.
- B.Y.O.B (bring your own bathing-suit) or help yourself to our disposable bikini underwear and hair caps. Or, feel free to go nude--however you're comfortable. Men must wear shorts.
- Don't add any barriers to your skin. Avoid lotions, creams, and perfumes. Remove all makeup and use deodorant sparingly.
After your session
- Sunless color begins showing development approximately four hours after application and continues to darken for up to 24 hours.
- Best to skip the shower, pool, or singin' in the rain for, ideally, 24 hours while your tan develops. If you must, do so using a warm water rinse only--no soap!
- Use oil-free and/or pH-balancing body products and avoid exfoliation (that includes shaving) to keep that tan lingering longer.
- Pools and spas that utilize chlorine can cause fading.
- Extend your color between sessions with daily applications of Color Extending Pro-Long moisturizers.
- Use 4-Faces or other Norvell self-tanning products between sessions for touch-ups.